Thursday, October 4, 2007

Too Well Dressed for a Hooker?

Second night in Singapore and Tai Mai and I found ourselves exploring Geylang on our own. We asked our cab to drop us off at the heart of the red light district.

You can spot the working girls there almost immediately even though they dressed to blend in with the crowd. Just simple T-shirts and jeans. No sexy, revealing outfits exposing big longkangs here. I think one of the reasons they are so easily spotted is because most of them are China dolls.

So while we were having dinner at one of the coffee shops there, a Caucasian kid, I would guess maybe German judging from his accent, came over to our table and asked me in Mandrin (rolls eyes) "Ni How Ma?"

"It's OK, we don't speak Mandrin either", I said to him and winked.

So he started asking us the usual ice breaker questions. Since I was busy with dinner, I let Tai Mai entertain him, joining in occassionally, changing the subject when I felt that Tai Mai was revealing too much info.

Hey, we're 2 girls in a foreign land here talking to a complete stranger. Better to keep things "general", know what I mean ;-) Anyway, what does this kid want? It's obvious there is something he wanted to ask us, but didn't dare to.

The light came on after he went back to his table nearby and I overheard his conversation with his friend, "Not one of them, too well dressed".

So the kid was looking to get laid!

Wait a minute.....WE WERE TOO WELL DRESSED FOR HOOKERS?

Have to give it to him, the kid has good taste :)))))

No comments: