Friday, August 24, 2007

Conventional Iron vs Steam Iron

So my mom finally bought one of those steam irons said to be more user friendly.

With a conventional iron

  • I spend a little under an hour to iron 1 work shirt
  • I burn my hand occassionally when I don't look before I pick it up
  • I burn my shirts occassionally (no holes yet, just unsightly brown spots)
  • I get aching calves from standing too long over my ironing load (note to self: schedule weekly ironing sessions, even if it's just 1 shirt)

With a steam iron

  • I spend nearly an hour just to "kau tim" 1 shirt which I eventually had to "kau tim" with a conventional iron because the steam iron just doesn't measure up
  • I burned my hand and feet too due to the hot water droplets that leaked out from the iron occassionally
  • I didn't burn my shirt with the steam iron but heck, please refer to the first point above to see why I ditched it before I even finished ironing 1 shirt
  • I get an aching arm from holding the iron up to my shirt to clear up a wrinkle that never goes away

No prizes for guessing which iron I will be using from now on.

No comments: