Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Heeeeeere's Lucy!


Meet "Lucy". She is the money plant I adopted when I moved into my cubicle in Customer Services. She used to belong to someone else but that person had left so I took her in.
Normally, I don't take an interest in plants and don't have that so called green thumb. Heck, my cactus died on me! Can you believe it? A cactus! And they are the lowest maintenance plant on God's earth.
Money plants are generally very easy to take care of. Just make sure that they always have water and they will survive. I only change Lucy's water once a week and she has thrived beautifully, giving birth to 2 new stems already with 2 more on the way. Not bad for someone without a green thumb, huh? Don't you just love the different tones on her leaves? They are heart shaped too. Awwwww.....my favorite shape :)
After adopting Lucy, suddenly, I realized that I had changed into one of those crazy people who talk to their plants like they are pets. Well, I'm not really that different from them, considering I talk to my dogs like they were my children :D Heck, I DO perceive Lucy as a pet. I mean, she is a living organism, isn't she? And I've named her. Yeah, she's SO my pet!
It's just such a joy see the new shoots growing. I look forward to the day when the mouth of her jar will be completely hidden by her folliage.

No comments: