Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Secret Obsession

There is something that always beckons me when I go shopping, calling out to me, begging to come home with me, to touch my lips with it's sweet, silky carress. My lips always long for it's touch. Its slickness glide smoothly over my softly parted lips, bathing them in an effervescent shine and just a tinge of blush, sometimes bold crimson, depending on my mood. It is my obsession, the one sin I am almost embarrassed to confess. It is......LIPSTICK.

Guess you can say lipstick is to me what shoes are to Imelda. As far as I know, I am the only girl I know who carries along around 20 lipsticks in her bag with another stash of equally large if not larger in her vanity drawer. Hey, I like having the option of changing my lip color according to my mood.

You'd think that with the size of my stash, my lipsticks will last me for a while. Well, not exactly, since I like piling on the layers. Hence, on average one lipstick only lasts me 3 months, especially the day colors. Yes, I have day colors and night colors. Work colors, chilling out colors, dinner colors, party colors......the list goes on, but mostly what color I wear depends on my mood.

Well, I added another one to my collection yesterday, when I had just bought 2 a few weeks ago. The latest is from Revlon's newest collection - Plump Sexxxy Lipcolor. Hey, with a name like "Flirtatious", how can I resist? It's so ME! It has just a hint of caramelish gold-red, smells a little like chocolate and feels cooling on application. And does it plump up the lips like it's ad campaign claim? Well, just a little. I wasn't expecting the bee stung lips effect. The color is very natural and sweet.

Next on my list - something from the Barbie Loves MAC collection!

No comments: