Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Independence Day

Today is 4th of July, US Independence Day. My Independence Day too. Today is the first day of a short hiatus I am taking from work. I will start my new job in less than 2 weeks, and am giving myself this time to recuperate and prepare for the new challenges ahead.

So, what did I do today? Well, nothing much, since I'm kinda down with the flu at the moment. Must be due to the haze.

  • I had lunch with my newly ex-colleagues and collected my pay check.
  • Then went for my eyebrow embroidery appointment. Came out with the skin around my eyebrow red and swollen. It wasn't that bad, really. I didn't get all teary eyed like some people, but I guess that depends on the individual. However, the sound of the blade piercing my skin at every stab was something I don't look forward to hearing again. Have to go back in 3 weeks for a touch up
  • Came home and checked my emails. Surprised to find one from T. He is the last person on earth I expected to hear from.
  • Had a short nap. Can't do without that :D
  • Went for belly dance
And that's about it. Haven't decided what to do tomorrow yet. Maybe I'll finish reading "The Secret".

Happy Independence Day, America!

No comments: