Monday, July 16, 2007

New Beginning

Today marks the start of a new chapter of my working life as I embark on a journey with a new company. I’m really excited about this new move as there will be new skills to learn. I will get the opportunity to hone my writing skills – very important if I really want to take up blogging seriously.

For some time now I have wondered how I my one strength, good command of the English language, can be used to further my career. My love for English was fed by my addiction to the TV, I guess. I’ve always felt more at ease expressing myself in English than any other language. As a writer, this will be my chance and I’m really looking forward to it.

My new colleagues and boss are really cool people. There are no restrictive rules and regulations common in big companies. Best of all, my new office is less than 5 minutes drive from my apartment. There is no basement parking, but I’m not complaining, as I save on parking fees :-) I look forward to having my lunch at home and the possibility of a shower. Ha ha……

Tomorrow I plan to have breakfast at one of the cafes facing the seafront with a view of Penang Bridge. Man, life is good!

No comments: